- In a deep skillet, heat extra virgin olive oil then sauté garlic and onions. Add anchovies.
- Add diced tomatoes, capers, pitted green olives, and pitted black olives. Mix well.
- When the mixture starts to simmer, add sage, parsley, pepper, salt and sugar.
- In a pasta pot, boil pasta in salted water with pomace olive oil. Cook until “al dente”. Drain.
- Put the drained pasta in a large pasta bowl. Add in the cooked sauce and toss well to coat the pasta with the sauce. Sprinkle generously with grated Parmesan cheese.
- Serve hot with garlic bread slices.
This is a very easy recipe to make but it is important to use the right ingredients so it tastes like the real Puttanesca, so try not to substitute.